OPAL-dismantling pictures according to its progress
carried out on march/2001
(1) OPAL detector has been opened,
---The far side ,The near side,
--- another far side, --- poiting geomerty of lead glass det.
(1-2) central part of OPAL (1-3) central part of OPAL(another side).
(2) The special chariot ,has beem moved down to the OPAL pit.--- the rear view of the chariot.
--- the top view of the chariot.
(3) close up view of support-structure of the half ring (3-1) and (3-2)
(4) two I-plates have been fixed at the bottom, the orange ones
(5) a leg of the half ring is reconstructed at the surfave
(6) a cross bar at the surface, (6-1), (6-2)
(6-3) to rotate. (6-4) to rotate.
(6-5) move to the support-structure.
(6-6) being fixed to the support-structure.
(6-7) to remove the screws on top of the cross bar.
(7) The cross bar with the support is going down to the pit
(7-1) , (7-2) , (7-3) , (7-4) , (7-5) , (7-6) .
an electric mover receives the cross-bar , (7-8) .
(7-9) to pass under the duct.
(8) from the mover to the special chariot, (8-1) ready to hang the cross bar.
(8-2) move onto the special chariot.
(8-3) fix to the special chariot.
(8-4) remove the crane.
(9) shift the half ring to the OUTSIDE direction (9-1) a little bit shifted , when this screw is rotaed.
(9-2) more shifted , more shifted at the top.
(10) the cross bar is moving to the half ring.
(10-1) Herr Mast is watching it.
(10-2) realy close to.
(10-3) if they are in line, we can proceed more.
(10-4) close to the final position.
(10-5) this time, the plate is not perfectory at the center.
(10-6) the other side (INSIDE), the hight should be corrected.
(11) to put the pins which will hold the weight of the half ring
(11-1) a pin (INSIDE) is inserted successfully
(11-2) another pin (OUTSIDE) is inserted successfully
after inserting another two pins at the top-side, the special chariot pushs up the cross bar to hold the weitht.
(12) to take out the screws which have been holding the weight of the half ring
(12-1) side screw is taken oput at OUTSIDE
(12-2) two pins are taken out at INSIDE
(12-3) a tool(screw) is left at OUTSIDE
(13) to move back the chariot or take out the half ring
(13-1) 5cm back at OUTSIDE
(13-2) 20cm back at INSIDE at bottom
(13-3) 20cm back at INSIDE at top
(13-4) 120cm back
(13-5) 200cm back
(13-6) 300cm back
(13-7) ART of the half ring -1
(13-8) ART of the half ring -2
(14) to move the half ring with the cross bar from the special chariot to the support structure
(14-1) the special hook
(14-2) to hang up the half ring
(14-3) move and fix to the support structure
(14-4) a rear view of the half ring
(14-5) a side view of the half ring
(14-6) the crane is out now
(15) The TEAM